Human Profiling in Forensic Cases, Parentage Identification, and Research Use
The markers used in GT Detector are recommended by the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI). Most importantly, users can achieve high discrimination power by amplifying most heterozygous loci SE33 included in the kit.
The GT Detector multiplex system is optimized to amplify 17 markers (16 autosomal markers and Amelogenin) in a single reaction and these loci are differentiated with five dye systems using capillary electrophoresis technology.
- Easy to use mix;
- Multiplex analysis of 17 loci in one reaction;
- Contains all 13 CODIS loci;
- Produces a full profile from a low amount of DNA;
- Applicable to a variety of DNA sources – blood, hair, bone, saliva, etc., or direct sample to PCR using DNA banking card (DBC)
- or DBC Blue, direct amplification of Blood, Amniotic Fluid, and other cultured cells, Chorionic Villi and other tissues suing
- these lysis buffers (i.e. GT BLB, GT AFLB, and GT CVLB);
The kit comes with an allelic ladder, GTM Matrix Standard, and GT500 size standard.
The table below shows markers in the GT Detector Kit. Names, dye used, size range, and chromosome locations are shown.
This kit is compatible with Applied Biosystems™ 3500/XL, 3130/XL, and SeqStudio platforms for detection and analysis. GT Detector performance has been validated on more than 1000 samples.
The kit can be used on DNA extracted from various sources as well as DNA obtained using either hair roots, bone DNA, or direct sample to PCR (extraction free) like GT BLB (Blood Lysis Buffer), and filter papers (GT DBC or GT DBC Blue). Direct amplification of Blood, Amniotic Fluid and other cultured cells, Chorionic Villi, and other tissues can be used by either of these lysis buffers (i.e. GT BLB, GT AFLB, and GT CVLB);
The kit contains all the necessary reagents and buffers for multiplex PCR (Multiplex Primer mix, PCR buffer, GT HSTaq DNA Pol in Box A). Also, the kit comes with GT Detector Allelic Ladder, GT500 size standard as well as GTM5 Matrix standard for calibrating the Genetic Analyzer (Box B).